Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The wind has really picked up just now. EC says it is gusting to 61 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is more than that. Rocky got tired of watching the rain run down the patio door glass so he ambled upstairs and I just checked on him and he is on Uma’s dog couch. With this virus I have, it is easier to let him stay there. And I feel cruel making him get off, if I also have to put him in the crate because he is misbehaving. Now I know how mothers feel when they let their kids watch “too much” television. Guilty but easier than the alternative. He “should” go out for a second poop of the morning but when I took him out yesterday, he didn’t poop. Maybe the antibiotics are changing his poop schedule or maybe it is changing on its own because of the twice daily feedings. I don’t know. But I’m going to rely on him today to ask to go out. I hope.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 a.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger Amstaffie said...

I hope Rocky does let you know. It took Storm forever to learn. But Delilah will lick you on the elbow when she needs to go out.

 
At 1:59 p.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

A., I haven't heard of elbow-licking as an indicator! That's cute. As it turns out, I didn't wait and we went out before he asked. So I don't know yet if he will ask. Hopefully, I won't find out the hard way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home