Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I feel like snot today. I was going to say I feel like crap but given the cold I have, snot was a better descriptor. I am going to assume that today will be the worst day of the cold and tomorrow it will be on its way out. Interestingly, I was listening to CBC radio last night as I made an attempt to sew and they had a bit on about how you can catch colds by letting your feet get cold. They experimented with people by soaking their feet in cold water and the group that had the cold feet got 2 to 3 times more colds in the following week than the control group. Apparently it has something to do with your body wanting to retain heat and the germs that live in your nose all the time and if your feet are cold, your body won’t allow the heat to leave through your nose and the germs can prosper. Or something like that. Anyway, I am now determined to stay warm and see what happens for the rest of the winter.

All that has nothing to do with puppies. But Rocky must know I feel sick because he is behaving so nicely this morning. I will still take him out for a short walk soon but I will be bundled up to do so. We are having zero degree weather today with precipitation which may come in the form of freezing rain. We hateses freezing rain we does. There is a little bit of non-fluffy snow falling now but not enough to make Rocky pay attention - too much like regular rain I think. I am looking forward to him waking up on a morning where it has snowed significantly overnight and seeing his face when he jumps into the fresh snow.

4 Comments:

At 9:44 a.m., November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Rocky and Julia, it is indeed yukky today. Hope you get well soon, Julia. Néeje thinks this weather is awesome! He "woves" winter...

Carmen

 
At 10:06 a.m., November 15, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Carmen, I can't believe this is the third cold I've had. Good grief. I am drinking herb tea and have cranked the heat up and will watch tv if there is anything on in between napping. I am glad Neeje likes the new snow! Rocky played in what little there was of it and seemed to really like it too.

 
At 1:01 p.m., November 15, 2005, Blogger Peter Reichert said...

J - for acute accents on the Mac, type Option-e, then character desired. e.g. Option-e + e = é.

 
At 1:08 p.m., November 15, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

I'm sick and you're giving me lessons? And you KNOW I never remember keyboard stuff! (she wailed) I'll write it on a sticky and then I'll try to remember. cough. sneeze. Thanks. :)
éh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home