Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

This passage from a blog I’d never read before today
made me laugh.  Probably in anticipation of Rocky hitting puberty.

“I never thoughtI'd look forward
to having an animal's testicles removed, but I now recognize it as a common experience among pet owners. Our cat gets more rambuctious every day, morphing in an eyeblink from a sleepy pet to a little fur-clad bullet with testicles. Like the ring of Sauron, those testicles are the source and engine of all that cat's evil. Once we take them and cast them into the fires of Mount Doom I know we'll all feel a lot better.”

6 Comments:

At 9:16 p.m., November 13, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey JuliaR, too funny about the cat... we have an evil beast but his evil must lie elsewhere - he's a monster and he's testicle-less.

And Cosmo sends you a wag. :)

 
At 11:00 p.m., November 13, 2005, Blogger 8675309 said...

Hah! Hilarious post. My little friend's still "intact" as well...and being evaluated for the breeding program, so there's not as yet a light at the end of the hormone tunnel. But breeding is an honor, so there definitely are worse things! At least his doggy acne has cleared up.

 
At 12:03 a.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

LMAO, thats fabulous! i know all too well the evils of pets with testicles. i dont think i could ever have communicated it as brilliantly, and to tie it in with puberty... priceless!

 
At 11:52 a.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Don’t forget that the credit for the observation on pets with testicles has to go to http://thepalinode.blogspot.com/ ! I always hesitate linking to blogs with some profanity because I don’t want to startle anyone who reads here and never encounters any. So be forewarned about Palinode. I don’t mind profanity in the least and I think sometimes it adds to the colour of the conversation. But I decided when I started my blogs that I wouldn’t use any. I have never encountered any real profanity at Lileks either and I figure if he can do it, so can I.

Anyway, glad to hear about Lomax’s acne! Since Rocky is still teething, we haven’t got to that yet. :)

 
At 5:54 p.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger palinode said...

Thanks for posting a snippet of my weblog. I always like the thought that I can give people a laugh. But I'm sorry to report that neutering my cat hasn't made a dent in its behaviour.

 
At 7:27 p.m., November 14, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Sorry about it Palinode. Maybe when a little more time has passed? Maybe he doesn't know they're gone yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home