Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We’re going to take Rocky out the CGDB to visit with the vet who’s there every Tuesday afternoon. His rash isn’t getting better and seems to be spreading a little so it’s time for antibiotics. In the meantime, I decided to try the ‘open door’ experiment again this morning. I put things on the chairs upstairs so that he couldn’t easily get on them and snooze and I tried to make sure there weren’t other temptations. Sure enough, after I came downstairs and Rocky did his usual house patrol down here, he went on up. I listened intently to him roam from room to room and after I hadn’t heard anything for a while, I snuck upstairs myself, to see what he was doing. I found him in the guest room, sitting on the floor like a good dog, but staring at the large teddy bear I have in there. I petted him and told him he was good and went back downstairs.

A little while later, I heard him go into our room and I heard some noises like he was climbing over my gym bag in the difficult ‘circuit of the room’ that he usually does even when I am there. Then I didn’t hear anything for a while. Then I heard a fairly loud thump that sounded like a door closing. I waited some more and didn’t hear a sound. Finally I went up. I saw right away that the ensuite bathroom door in our room was closed tight. I opened it slowly and there was Rocky, sitting in the bathroom right behind the door, waiting to get out. He must have been exploring behind the door and it swung shut on him. I tell you, it was a good laugh for me, to see him sitting there like that. I wonder if he wondered how long he would have to wait before someone let him out.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 a.m., November 08, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

I bet he'll think twice now before he goes into that room again.

He must have looked so sweet and funny!

 
At 10:47 a.m., November 08, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

I don’t think he was frightened - just puzzled as to why he was stuck in there. It was just so funny, as I slowly opened the door, to see his little face peeking out around the edge of the door. No, I bet he will continue to go in there because it’s just TOO interesting! Can you imagine? All the smells of his people amplified, toilet paper to play with, the bath mat to curl up on - wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home