Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, November 14, 2005

I think I have the third virus now, that I’ve had since Rocky came to live with us. And no, I don’t think they are related - it’s just that the time frame gives me the ability to keep count. This time, it’s a sore throat thank goodness and NOT the sinuses. That’s how I know it’s a new one.

Anyway, I finally got up this morning and after a little while, it became apparent that Rambunctious needed to get out for a walk. It’s very windy so leaves and other things are blowing around. He used to chase leaves a lot more than he does but I think they are old hat to him now. We had made a circuit and were heading back into the neighbourhood when he spotted some Christmas decorations that weren’t there yesterday. This neighbour always decorates lavishly and early for Christmas and aside from lights, the first thing up this season is Mr. and Mrs. Claus kissing on the front lawn. They are two large wooden cutouts about three feet high, and in the wind, they were moving and clonking together a little.

Rocky was immediately suspicious so I asked him to investigate. We crossed about four feet of lawn and he woofed a little at them as he leaned in to sniff without getting too close. Of course, I am laughing at him. Suddenly the wind moved them just as he was touching them and he decided to make a break for it. As he whirled around, his bony little head connected with my bony little shin and man did that hurt! Well, it didn’t seem to bother him but I sure felt it. Anyway, I hauled him back and we finished our investigation and he decided Mr. and Mrs. C. are nothing to worry about. Good to know before one of them comes down the chimney a little while from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home