Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Okay, now a switch of some sort has gone off inside Rocky’s head and he thinks he can just get up on the couch when he feels like it. Yesterday and again today, I was in the kitchen when I heard this different noise coming from the living room. I walked around the corner and looked and to my horror, I see Rocky sitting on the couch in the living room! Not the dog couch in the bedroom but the one that he’s really not supposed to get up on. We’ve even made the effort to sit on the floor with him so he doesn’t think he’s deprived with always being there by himself. How ungrateful.
On the floor where he's supposed to be (the dog, not the husband)

Anyway, if blogging is light, it’s because I am trying to churn out as many words each day as I can, in order to “win” NaNoWriMo
. So far, I only have 1,100 and I’m aiming for 50,000 by the end of November.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 a.m., November 04, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Rocky sure is one cheeky lad! He's so lucky to have such nice handlers as you and Pete.

Good luck with your Nanowrimo project!

Arf!

 
At 7:58 a.m., November 04, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks furkids! Just because we are nice doesn't mean we don't discipline Rocky. But we really have to think how the discipline will work. Not just punish him if he doesn't even know why. So you have to think like a dog. Our previous dog Uma was VERY dominant and that taught us a LOT about how to handle dogs so this is coming in handy with Rocky. He is not at all dominant but as you say, maybe he is a little cheeky. :) The main rule is "reward good behaviour" and you'll get more of that.

 
At 4:23 p.m., November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, I'm leaving my comment. Sorry I haven't been to your blog since the first time...I admit it. Victoria and I had a great time with you, Peter and Rocky...gee, that was awhile ago now. Sounds like things are progressing well with the 'ol Rockster. Please feel free to come out to our end of the city once Rocky can ride the bus. Lot's of other dogs to see and nice places to walk.

 
At 8:34 a.m., November 12, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Vic&Liz! At last. I can’t believe you don’t adore cute puppy blogs and visit them twice a day just to see who has posted! I wanted to tell you that Vic was admirably well behaved on your last visit and you should take credit for that (just as I take credit for Rocky’s good behaviour). I hope you visit more often now, if only for the cute pictures. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home