Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Rocky lost one of his big back molars just now. Well, I guess ‘big’ is relative as it is a lot smaller than one of mine. And it has no root on it at all - it’s just the top part that shows. Rocky has been sitting behind me, under the dining table, chewing on his bone. A minute ago, I noticed that he had abandoned the bone but was chewing on something else. I wondered what he had got his little paws on so I went under the table to investigate. I got his mouth open (he is very good about letting you take anything out of his mouth) and fished out a small hard object. I though at first it was the back off a lapel pin - something like that and then I looked at it and - eeew! I know there are people who save their puppies’ teeth but I can tell you right now, I am not going to be one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home