Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Nov. 16 afternoon:

So I didn’t wait for him to ask but so far so good. After I posted the last entry, I watched some tv and read, and then around noon, I decided I had to have some sleep. Rather than the couch (which is actually a love seat and even though I am small, I can’t stretch out on it), I went upstairs. Rocky was still on Uma’s couch and looked quite comfortable there. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes. Rocky then got off the couch and came over to see what I was doing. He has seen one or the other of us in bed in the mornings, depending on who lets him out of his crate first but he hasn’t experienced us really sleeping there at night. I asked him to go lie down and he actually left me and went back to the couch and settled down. We then proceeded to sleep for about an hour! I think I got up first and then he followed me. We went downstairs and I decided he really should go out, as he hadn’t been out for even a pee since about 9:30. I put on my coat and we went for a short walk around the hood and just before we got home, he had a really big poop. We called Uma an “opportunist” because, while she would poop on schedule, she would also poop whenever, given the chance. Maybe all dogs do that. So all’s well in the house-training department anyway, even if I am not well in the virus department.

4 Comments:

At 2:09 p.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Sorry to hear you're ill Julia. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

So nice of Rocky to leave you alone while you rested. Most polite!

Cream can poop and pee 12 times a day if given the opportunity. I think she thinks it's part of her job.

Get well soon!

 
At 4:05 p.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks FurKids. I think yesterday was the worst day and today is a tiny bit better, so tomorrow should see me on the mend. It's like the previous two viruses were just a dress rehearsal for this nasty one. Rocky has been pretty good I must say, for a puppy. I laughed when I read about Cream and 12 times a day! Thanks for the smile.

 
At 6:33 p.m., November 16, 2005, Blogger 8675309 said...

Julia, feel better soon! Lomax sends a big slurpy ear-lick your way (that always makes me feel better).

jenny

 
At 8:47 a.m., November 17, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks Jenny. This morning I saw that my Kleenex usage overnight was way down so I know I am on the mend. I figure by the weekend I’ll be normal again. Give Lomax a skritch behind the ears for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home