Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, October 01, 2005


So Rocky has been here three weeks already! Seems like forever and at the same time, it seems like... only three weeks! It’s the sleep deprivation. Not on his part however. In fact, right now, he is sleeping like the baby dog that he is.
I thought I was exhibiting a severe allergic reaction yesterday and I could only think it was to Rocky. I tried antihistamines and they didn’t seem to do a thing. I had an extremely lousy night, hardly any sleep what with all the sneezing and blowing of the nose. This morning, I still felt bad and I complained about it to someone and they suggested that I might have a COLD! I examined the way I felt and concluded that they might just be right. I went to an allergist years ago when I had Uma and they determined that I was very mildly allergic to dogs. I concluded it was not enough to make me not have dogs. Then when I started sneezing after Rocky arrived, I thought maybe it was just different dander I was reacting to, even if it was more than two weeks after he got here. But I think my friend is right and I have a cold. Interesting because I have hardly been out and interacting with people enough to get one but I think that’s it. So now I get to lie on the couch and have Peter feed me tea, at least until he goes to work on Monday. Good thing too because I got the new John Irving book out of the library and it was on the “express read” shelf which means I have to have it back in 7 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home