Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


Up again at 2:30am for a giant mushy poo. Don’t know what to do about it. The PW supervisor is coming for a home visit on Thursday and I will discuss it more with her and hope she has a miracle solution.

As is often the case with moms, I have turned into the disciplinarian around here. Peter gets home from work and the puppy greets him like a long lost soul. They play and it’s all fun and games until I have to remind them that the back yard is now just for relieving the puppy. Then I have to say, “don’t get Rocky all worked up just before bed time!” Then I have to remind Peter that Rocky shouldn’t be putting his front paws up on the couch and that the command is “Rocky, off”, not “okay now Rocky, Mom says you shouldn’t be doing this”. Grr, ruff, bark!

And this morning, Peter put Rocky back in his crate when he left for work and Rocky cried piteously off and on until I finally caved and got up at 7:15. So what is he doing now at 10am? Sleeping on the landing. And has been for the last hour. But I bet if I popped him back into his crate so I felt safe to take a nap myself, there’d be wailing and rending of garments. So my plan is to wait until his belly is full with lunch and we’ve gone for a stroll around the parking lot and then have my nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home