Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Inadvertently (and horribly, as bad parents) we might have made a move in “curing” the midnight run. Last night it was same old, up at 2am for the mushy poo. I didn’t have to get up a second time, thank goodness. Then I had a nasty headache and Peter got up in the morning and gave His Nibs breakfast and they played and read the paper. No poop.

Later, I started tidying and cleaning in preparation for an old friend coming to visit. Nothing special in the preparation, not even dinner, but I hadn’t vacuumed in a while so I thought it was a good time for that. As an aside, I had not exposed Rocky to a vacuum cleaner before today and wanted him to not be afraid of it. We sat on the top step upstairs and I showed him the machine and turned it on and off a few times. He got a bit excited but seemed able to cope. Then I started vacuuming the stairs and he was okay. Once I got downstairs and started using the upright attachment with the carpet beater, he got more and more worked up and started barking at the business end of the machine. I tried being ultra calm and slow motion but he seemed to react like all dogs and doesn’t like the vacuum cleaner. Oh well.

Finally it was around 2pm and I was tidying something at the front hall when I said to Peter, “Omigod! Did you give Rocky lunch??” It turns out that neither of us fed him lunch at noon. And he never said a word! So I gave him lunch and then at 5, I gave him dinner. And then we had guests and excitement. Who knows what poop may come of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home