Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Okay, I caved. I called Guide Dogs to see if they have any advice about changing a puppy poop schedule. The woman who took my call laughed but she’s not the one suffering from sleep deprivation. I’m waiting for someone to call me back. Puppies are supposed to poop promptly after each meal. Rocky seems to save it all up for 1am and then at 2am, out comes what’s left over from the giant runny poo at 1am. So in the morning, after breakfast, there’s no poop. Now, after lunch, still no poop. This can’t be good. I’m hoping they have a simple solution like change his feeding schedule for a day or two. I’d probably just do that myself if it was my dog, but as that fellow said to Clouseau, “it’s not my dog”.

Yesterday morning early, when Peter was still here, I was upstairs looking for something under the bathroom sink. I hadn’t heard Rocky’s bell coming so when he licked my leg as I was squatting down with my head under the sink, I squeaked and banged my head on the sink and he squeaked and jumped backwards. It was pretty funny even if I did crack my head on the sink.

Now you see, Rocky is in his crate (we went for a walk after lunch and then played when we got home and since there was no poo, in the crate he went) and he is quiet so I should take a nap too. I’ll probably just get settled when the Guide Dogs will phone. Wish me luck.

[PS Blogger can't load any pictures for some reason, so the last few days have not been illustrated. Sorry!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home