Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, September 26, 2005

There’s no picture at the start of this entry because there is still some problem with Blogger. I haven’t been able to upload one since last week. I therefore added some new pics of Rocky to Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliar/

I just came downstairs. I was sitting here reading blogs and such when Rocky went running upstairs. I’d left only our bedroom door open (all the other doors were closed) but I knew he’d make a bee line for whatever is interesting in there - shoes carelessly left out of the closet, sweat pants hanging on the chair for making the midnight run. I followed him up and decided to make the bed while I was up there.

Earlier this morning, while I was reading the paper, I noticed him sitting at the patio door. He does that when he needs to go out but more often, he just sits there and looks out at the world. This time, he was looking intently at something down at the bottom of the door so I went to see what it was, thinking insect or something. As I got closer, I saw that he was watching the rain drops sliding down the glass and coalescing at the bottom. It has rained before but either he never noticed or it’s because this time, it is raining so hard that the drops are bigger and more fun to watch.

Yesterday, since it rained a lot, we had a very quiet day and dinner for Rocky was at 5pm, the new early time. When we went to bed at 10pm, he had pooped twice after dinner, which we took as a hopeful sign. I hadn’t been asleep that long when he barked to be let out again. It was only 11:45pm and that was his last poop for the day. I live in hope that the schedule is finally shifting. Today promises to be very quiet too, with the rain all day, so we will see what tonight has in store for us. Keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 p.m., September 26, 2005, Blogger L^2 said...

Hi,

I just found your blog today, and I wanted to say that I'm enjoying reading about your life with Rocky. I've added you to the Guide Dog related blog links list on my blog - hope that's okay.

-Laura
Dog's Eye View

 
At 8:20 a.m., September 27, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

You are the first real live person who I don't know and who isn't trying to spam me, who has posted a comment here. Welcome! Your blogs and links look interesting. I'm going to have a look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home