Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Rocky has now discovered how fun it is to grab the end of the toilet paper and run down the hall with it trailing behind him like a bridal veil. If it wasn’t a waste, I would find it fun too, actually. It’s very windy here today and the leaves are blowing madly around the yard. There aren’t many of them yet (it isn’t even officially Fall) and so they are a novelty on our walks and while he is in the yard and he chases after them as if they were alive.

I managed to get the ironing done while he was in the crate, supposedly having a nap. He falls asleep easily enough but I am nervous about leaving him sleeping while he is not in his crate, for fear he will get into trouble while I am in another room. Of course, as soon as you put him in the crate, he wakes up and doesn’t want to sleep. The little bell on his collar helps me to tell where he is, if I have lost sight of him in the house but he can be quick and amazingly quiet when he runs up the stairs and fetches one of my slippers. If he was only bringing me my slippers like the fictional dogs do, it would be lovely.

Still no poop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home