Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, September 19, 2005

I am obviously not doing something I should be, or doing something I shouldn’t be. Rocky had two mushy poos last night - one at midnight and another at 1am. Each time, he went back into his crate without protest so that was nice. Then he started making morning noises (a little high pitched nose whining) around 5am, which is just too darned early. I ignored him, and initially, I even wondered if it was bird noises that had awakened me. Peter got up before 6 to bike to work, so he let Rocky out where he did NOT pee. I’m thinking no water overnight and a bit of dehydration due to the runny poo. Peter gave him breakfast and then popped him back in his crate. Then he left for work. Being in the crate did not sit well with Rocky and I lay there listening to nose moaning as well as whining so I finally gave up and got up at 6:30.

When I let him outside, he had a pee and has settled nicely into playing with his Kong and chewing on his bone. Oh, he went for one of my shoes and ran around the house with it until I asked for it back. And he felt compelled to explore upstairs so I followed to see that he didn’t get into trouble and now I have shut all the doors up there. And he has developed a fondness for chewing on one corner of the dining room carpet. But otherwise, he is behaving well. I’m just bagged.

Ah, he was toying with something at the fireplace and it fell over and scared him so he just had a good self-lesson in what he shouldn’t be doing. Now he has a paw up on my knee while I am writing here and wants my attention. It’s why they make puppies so cute - so you can tolerate the “other” behaviour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home