Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

snorgling
Getting ready to go out for our evening walk, while waiting for Peter, I bent down and pressed my forehead to Rockwell's and petted the sides of his head. He made that adorable noise down in his throat that I now think should be described as "snorgling", thanks to www.cuteoverload.com. Thanks to Peter's fast camera work, we have at least pictorial evidence of it. Look at how far back those ears are! And he never moved the whole time I was petting him. He may be a terror some times but the prominent note in his personality is "sweet".

6 Comments:

At 10:26 a.m., August 20, 2006, Blogger 8675309 said...

Sweet photo, Julia. He is adorable...I LOVE the ears-back look. :)

 
At 4:41 p.m., August 20, 2006, Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Aw he loves you alot. You can tell =)

Cute puppy =D

 
At 8:14 a.m., August 21, 2006, Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Must be a Lab thing - both Charlie and I love to "snorgle" :-)

Love
Opy

 
At 7:24 p.m., August 21, 2006, Blogger Katherine said...

Sweet - he loves you! I do that to Sampson all the time but he never lets me get away without a good lick in the face.

 
At 10:58 a.m., August 22, 2006, Blogger Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Hi Laura,

Your Rockwell is a lucky pup. Snorgling is a pretty good word.

Pippin

 
At 1:41 p.m., August 22, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

I confess I am not using "snorgle" in the classic CuteOverLoad sense, as in to snort and snuggle. But the sound of the word really matches the sound that Rockwell makes in the back of his throat. I've described this sound before as similar to the sound a human makes when trying to dislodge some post-nasal drip (eew) but much cuter. When Rockwell makes this sound and his ears are back and he is being SO sweet, all is forgiven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home