Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Another pictorial essay. We all know that Rockwell is NOT allowed on the furniture. Right? And in fact, he doesn't help himself to it and never gets up by himself. But sometimes, when we are sitting on the couch, he cannot resist becoming a lap dog, even if he is 70 pounds worth. What I find fun and interesting is that he seems to apply the one foot on the floor rule from the old days of television censorship. As long as he has his hind feet on the floor, he is not really up on the couch. At least, that's what we humans tell ourselves.
Please can I climb up?
It looks like he is asking to climb into my lap here, being a little tentative.
Oh come on!
Now I have rebuffed him and he is protesting my lack of generosity.
Chowing down
I am demonstrating the fact that he has learned not to bite down on the hand that feeds him.
Okay, I can be just cute.
Finally, he settles for an over-all cute shot.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 p.m., August 13, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

Petey does the same thing! *ummm....but you didn't hear that from me...since he doesn't so much as do it with front two legs, but hop up and act as if he belongs there...but come on! His legs are short! He can't rest on his back two legs..right?*

 
At 4:29 a.m., August 14, 2006, Blogger M-Fax said...

'The Rock' is getting big.

 
At 10:05 a.m., August 14, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Nat, they won't hear it from me!

MFax, Rockwell is at about 70 pounds and they say that is as big as he's going to get. But he does have long legs and a slim build so he looks bigger than a shorter, wider dog might.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home