Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

For the first time, I caught Rockwell with his paws up on the kitchen counter. I had made myself some toast with a cheese slice on it and had left the wrapper for the cheese slice on the counter. I had taken the plate into the dining room to eat while I read the paper and that's when I heard the suspicious noise from the kitchen. Rockwell was just sniffing the empty cheese wrapper but it was startling to see him up there, as he has never indicated he is willing to risk jumping up before. I said his name "ROCKwell!" with a certain tone of voice and he got right down. I thought he knew it's a Very Bad Thing, to stand up and put his paws on the counter but I'm not so sure any more.

We have had any number of good smelling real food items up on the kitchen counter and he has never jumped up. But in retrospect, I think someone has always been in the kitchen. This time I had left. I might have to "set him up" by leaving something up there and then having a pop can with a few stones in it ready and tossing it if he does jump up when he thinks I'm not looking. In the meantime, better not be leaving anything out!

3 Comments:

At 7:29 p.m., August 15, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Julia! You and Rockwell are being tagged! Dog guide partner Laura w/ Willow tagged Winston and I and we thought it would be great fun to see you two do the tag! See my blog for the instructions! Sorry! haha.

 
At 11:36 p.m., August 15, 2006, Blogger 8675309 said...

D'oh! I was just coming to say I've tagged you too. Oh well...as long as you post, I guess it doesn't matter how many times you get tagged!

Rockwell, you'd best behave and stop the counter-surfing!

 
At 10:20 a.m., August 16, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Winston, you were the second to tag us!

Jenny, I was surprised at the counter surfing because he hadn't done it before and the first time was only for a cheese wrapper! We'll see how it goes.

I've posted my habits now, but I didn't tag anyone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home