Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Sock Retrieval:

I preface the photo essay with a few comments. All summer long, I never wear socks. Except this morning I wore them to the gym and then, because they didn't get much wear, tucked them into my gym shoes for next time. Rockwell hasn't seen Mom's socks since April and so was inevitably drawn to them. When I saw him sitting on the stairs with something white hanging out of his mouth, I could tell by the set of his ears that he knew he was in the wrong. He therefore did not protest at all when I removed the offending object. Look at those ears in the final photo - he couldn't get a scolding looking that cute.
finding the sock
Discovering where my sock went.
starting the extraction
Posing at the start of the sock extraction.
opening the jaws of death
It was very easy to open his mouth - my knuckles aren't white or anything.
sock retrieved
You can't be mad at that face!

7 Comments:

At 7:52 p.m., July 22, 2006, Blogger Ayme, Polaris and Aspen said...

Aww clever boy

 
At 9:06 p.m., July 23, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Amy, I don't know about "clever" but I do know "cute"!

 
At 9:16 p.m., July 24, 2006, Blogger Eve said...

LOL Taz loves anything from the washing basket. As long as it has been worn. I always praise him saying "What have you got there..??" and he comes and walks up to me and drops it in front of me. Before I had to chase him around the house so we are improving!!

Taz & Eve

 
At 10:38 a.m., July 28, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Yes Eve, if I didn't keep the laundry basket up on a chair, Rockwell would probably have socks all over the house.

 
At 1:35 a.m., August 04, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

you know i did that exact same thing just today....

 
At 1:13 p.m., August 04, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hi Erynn (or is it Erin?), welcome to the world of puppy raising! I will add you to my blog roll and tidy it up too, so it gets split between the puppy raisers and all the other dog blogs. Good luck with the work that is ahead of you.

 
At 2:37 p.m., August 05, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home