Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

There’s a sort of hoar frost on all the trees this morning. I am sure it means something weather-wise but I don’t know what. And I’m not even sure it’s “hoar” frost. I’ll have to look it up.

Let’s recap: Rockwell had diarrhea Monday night into Tuesday morning. No breakfast, little dinner so no poop at all Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Gets fed breakfast and dinner Wednesday and last night. he’s up twice with diarrhea. I managed to get some Pepto down him on the second trip out at 1:30am and perhaps that’s what prevented the normally inevitable third trip out. This morning I decided he could have a normal breakfast and if he still has diarrhea later, at least I can skip dinner and not have to get up in the middle of the night. It’s a plan.

So, from Wikipedia :
Hoarfrost refers to the white ice crystals, deposited on the ground or exposed objects, that form when the air is moist and surface is cold. ... Thus, hoarfrost is formed when the dew point is warmer than surface but colder than the air temperature, and colder than freezing point.

Just what you wanted to know!

4 Comments:

At 9:43 a.m., December 08, 2005, Blogger M-Fax said...

ah yes the taunting play with me nudge. Bosco has a stuffed animal snake that he will always bring you and you either have to throw it, hide it or play tug of war. Kongs are a waste of money in my house, Bosco shreds them. He destroys any rubber or tire toy.

we are off for our walk.

 
At 1:14 p.m., December 08, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

I didn't know any dog could shred a Kong! Uma ate every toy we gave her but not the Kong. And Rockwell doesn't seem to be making a dent in them either.

 
At 4:56 p.m., December 08, 2005, Blogger IndyPindy said...

Awww, poor Rocky! My tummy is so sensitive that when I eat ANYTHING other than my raw food, banana, apple or peanut butter I get diarrhea. And the only thing that makes it stop is fasting for 24 hours. Mommy hates having to do that, but otherwise the diarrhea will keep going and get worse and worse.

On Sunday night at my grandma's house I snuck into Uncle Joey's room and ate some cat food. On Monday morning I had diarrhea, and mom lectured me and said that I couldn't eat for 24 hours, and it was my fault for eating the cat food. I waited til she turned around and snapped my jaws silently at her back. She must have seen me in the reflection in the oven door, 'case she turned around real fast and looked at me, but I had my innocent face on by then.

I hope you feel better soon Rock, er, Rockwell!

 
At 7:12 p.m., December 08, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hey Indy, sorry about your tummy. Labs are pretty good about being able to eat any darned thing. But the starving for 24 hours can be miserable! Rockwell snaps his jaws at me sometimes too! But I think for him it is part of his invitation to play. Funny that your Mom caught your reflection in the oven door! Reminds me of my own mother who used to tell us she had eyes in the back of her head. And we believed her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home