Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I was sitting at the computer when something caught my eye. I looked to my right and out the patio door was a beautiful sight. A car had parked across the way with its lights on and the snow falling was back lit. And the snow was the huge, multiple flake snow out of the movies - only real. Big fat snow flakes, falling slowly and being lit from the back. Peter grabbed the camera and tried to capture what we could see. Unfortunately with the dim light, the snow looks more like rain in the first shot but try to imagine it.
Snow in slo mo
Then we let Rockwell out and took a few shots. He looks suitably impressed with the big flakes in the first shot.
Fresh snow
This next one was funny because of the giant snow flake in the foreground that was caught exactly at the end of his tail in the background.
Tail's on fire! Not
When he came back in, he was covered in the flakes and out came the dog towel. Of course, as with all dogs I have known, he has to grab the towel with his teeth and the game is on.
Drying the dog
Finally, we both do the “play bow”, although he is growling at me more than I am growling at him.
Play time

8 Comments:

At 8:59 p.m., December 04, 2005, Blogger IndyPindy said...

Ooooh, I am so jealous! We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow, I am crossing my paws! I wish we lived where you live so we got more snow!

 
At 9:31 p.m., December 04, 2005, Blogger Sam I Am said...

What a AWESOME pix of the snow .Ooooh Rockwell you always are having a blast in what ever you do,Thank you for the smiles!:)

 
At 10:54 p.m., December 04, 2005, Blogger M-Fax said...

first snow of the year currently outside, Bosco will love it in the morning.

 
At 11:48 p.m., December 04, 2005, Blogger Freda said...

Hey Rockwell,

That snow looks like fun. We don't have snow here. Well, maybe every 20 years or so. We left Colorado just over two years ago. I miss plowin' through the white stuff with my nose.

Yup! After every walk in the rain or through the mud the ole doggie towel comes out here, too. I don't bite it. I just burrow into it like I'm hidin'. That rub down feels sooo great.

Woof!

Freda

 
At 9:48 a.m., December 05, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thank you all for your comments! Snow is awfully fun for most dogs, although I did learn from the PW supervisor that not ALL dogs like snow! Some pups don’t want to go out the door when they see snow. Imagine that.
Indy, there’s good and bad with the snow - if you are human anyway. Can’t ride my bike, that’s one big thing!
Sam, we are pleased to be able to make you smile. We LOVED your rules about sleeping with dogs.
M-Fax, take some pics of Bosco in the snow too!
Freda, I bet you got a LOT of snow in Colorado. We don’t get that much here but we do get awfully cold.

 
At 10:10 a.m., December 05, 2005, Blogger M-Fax said...

posted todays first snow with bosco.

http://chocolate-dog.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:40 p.m., December 05, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Great pics!

The first one made me think a flying saucer landed near you home. :D

Enjoy the snow all!

 
At 1:27 p.m., December 05, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Cool, FurKids. I never thought it might have been aliens! But things do look different in real life, as opposed to through the camera lens, as you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home