Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The last day of the month - yikes. Well at least tomorrow I am “allowed” to get my Christmas decorations out of the basement. It’s only self-imposed rules but I have an idea for decorating the front door wreath this year that I want to get started on. I don’t decorate the whole house and really, the wreath and the tree are my main things. Unless I have someone over for dinner and then I “do” the table too. Sometimes I have decorated the stair railing but I don’t want Rocky to eat anything so this year, things will be minimal. Over the years, we grew to trust Uma not to eat most things - her favourite non-food item was paper - and she would leave the decorations alone. Since I don’t even trust Rockwell not to pee in the house (and he chewed some of my sewing), I’m not going to go crazy with temptation.

Yesterday, the temperature went up to 17C! That was a record. However, the weeks preceding this anomaly have been cold and we noticed that Rocky has taken to lying over the hot air registers (you can see a corner of it under his chin).
Snoozing on the heat vent
He doesn’t seem to mind the cold or the snow or anything really, when we go outside for walks. But left to his own devices, he sometimes lies on top of the hot air vent when he snoozes. I wonder if he will lie on them in the summer when it is hot and the air conditioning is on?
Why are you bothering me?

2 Comments:

At 6:31 p.m., November 30, 2005, Blogger Sam I Am said...

I look forward stopping by to see what Rocky is up to.Thanks for the smiles!

 
At 9:54 a.m., December 01, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Ooh, two Sams in a row! Cool. Thanks for the comments.

"Left to his own devices" - there's a phrase that shouldn't be used in connexion with puppies (or dogs). More on that later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home