Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween 2005
Halloween went really well for Rocky.
Halloween 2005
Apart from this morning, he did not startle at ANY of the trick-or-treaters, especially since they were all children - and he loves the boisterous children. Even the clown who scared him this morning (and I’m sorry but who isn’t afraid of clowns?) came by and he greeted her like a long lost friend.
Halloween 2005
And then he was visited by his handsome older “cousin” Logan, followed by the other neighbourhood dogs going on their evening walk.
Halloween 2005
The “girls” next door are all university students and they made sure he got his share of attention. It was so beautiful, that some of us sat outside the whole time too.
Halloween 2005
I think he’ll sleep like a log tonight.

7 Comments:

At 1:05 a.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger L^2 said...

Glad to hear Rocky had a good Halloween. It looks like he really enjoyed himself. :-)

 
At 9:16 a.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

He just is so attracted to little children I had to keep him in a death grip every time they came up to the house. He settles quickly when the person stays but of course, the kids come and go so even if it did get cool, I was kept warm with dog wrestling!

 
At 12:56 p.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger Sam Iam said...

You guys look like you had a blast .What wonderful pictures.

 
At 1:39 p.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks Sammy, yes we did have a good time.

 
At 2:34 p.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Wonderful pics from a wonderful time!

Logan looks even more excited than Rocky!

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:47 p.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger 8675309 said...

You guys take the best, most expressive photos. Rocky is hilarious!

On a completely unrelated topic, I just noticed (because I was browsing the comments section of one of her posts) that you're also a Cathy Seipp blog reader! I lurk there often...it's a small Web after all, eh?

 
At 4:07 p.m., November 01, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Jenny, yes I quite like Cathy. I usually lurk too but was moved to comment about the (not "her") lung cancer. I even have her linked on my opinion blog - severely neglected these days. I just realized when I went to check on your name (I didn't feel right saying "dear 8675309") that I never have looked at your other blog. And just now when I glanced at it, I saw you could live without litterers too! So now I'll have a good read around, especially because I am looking for ways to procrastinate, having just commenced NaNoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org/).

FurKids - I really like all the pics you post too. I've never been to Hong Kong and would love to visit some day - in fact, I think I'll add it to my 43 Places today (www.43places.com/).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home