Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

We were having such a peaceful afternoon. I’d just finished the next blog entry for sewing and was about to post it when Rocky went upstairs to explore. Lately, he’s been pretty good about not going in to rooms even if the doors are left open but I realize now that’s been in the evening when he’s tired anyway. I had left the doors open to our room (when I took some fresh laundry up to fold it) and to the sewing room, in case I wanted to go in and not freeze a little later. I didn’t follow Rocky but then I heard the triumphant gallop and I knew he had something. I looked up to see that he had snagged clean socks off the bed and the pair was still folded in his jaws. We had a chase down and then up again and I finally got the socks and closed the doors. Then he decided to play mad dog with me and I tried to get a picture of it. Well I missed twice and then I caught his tail end as he was running down the stairs toward me, ears flapping.
Rocky as
FInally, I got him in mid-bark, bouncing on his front toes. It looks like he’s howling but that’s an incredibly loud, sharp puppy bark there. Oh and he's wearing his brand new, next size bigger collar! I wanted to show how handsome he looks in it but just couldn't manage that today.
Rocky as

4 Comments:

At 2:14 p.m., October 28, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Lol, love the 2nd pic.

Woof Woof Woof, I'm the big bad bully!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:07 p.m., October 28, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

He IS one bad dude!
:)

 
At 3:08 a.m., October 29, 2005, Blogger 8675309 said...

I am SO sad you guys live too far away for a playdate! Lomax and Rocky would get along just fine, I'm sure of it...I've often caught a "photo #1" glimpse of the yellow blur flying past me on the stairs....

 
At 8:41 a.m., October 29, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Lomax seems like a great dog - I only hope Rocky turns out so nicely. Well, except for the gas, I suppose.
We have a Golden across the street who is up for play however. Logan is 6 years old now but still young and bouncy. Hey Robert! If you're reading the comments, hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home