Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, October 31, 2005

As I was putting the pumpkins outside for tonight, I saw another neighbour Skye walking her two chocolate Labs home. I grabbed Rocky and the two frisbees and headed across the parking area to give the frisbees to her. When we got close enough, Skye’s younger dog Daphne really bounced toward Rocky and Sasha, who is quite grandmotherly, came forward to greet him. He was overwhelmed by Chocolate Labs and they must have seemed like ten dogs! That’s when I noticed that he was sprinkling pee in the excitement of the moment. That was a first for us. I have seen young male dogs do this, even in my house once but Rocky has until now, not peed in excitement. I don’t think this means anything but I am recording it for posterity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home