Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

My parental units came for the weekend and have now left and Rockwell finds just the two of us (and even more so, just me on Monday) so boring. Mum played with him on the stairs because she got to hide behind the bars and he got to run up and down and up and down. When my sister and her husband came over on Saturday and Rockwell had SIX people in the house, he was in heaven. He is very social and the more people, the merrier.
Playing with Mum 1
Playing with Mum 2
Playing with Mum 3
Just now, I saw him lying all forlorn on the stairs, probably wishing my parents were still here.
I'm just a lonely dog, lonely and beige.

5 Comments:

At 11:08 a.m., March 05, 2006, Blogger Katherine said...

That's so true, I don't think there are any people labs don't like. If I saw Sampson acting like he didn't care for someone, I'd take that as a definite sign to stay away from that person! Rockwell has the sweetest face!

 
At 4:35 p.m., March 05, 2006, Blogger HanktheDog said...

Looks like he's a fan of the Kong. Do you put things in it?

 
At 5:15 p.m., March 05, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Katherine, my old Lab Uma disliked some people - mostly tall men with hats. I think she had a much narrower definition of what was "acceptable" to her than Rockwell does.

Hank, we haven't put anything in the Kong because we are forbidden to give him treats. However, we used to put peanut butter in the large Kong for Uma and she loved it. We tried keeping her busy with a cookie in the Kong but she quickly figured out how to get treats out by turning it so the large hole faced down and the treats would fall right out. Very clever.

 
At 10:38 p.m., March 05, 2006, Blogger Herbie said...

the last pic, is what my M would call the 'Life has No Meaning' look. I do that when I'm ultra bored too, together with a huge sigh sometimes.

 
At 8:25 a.m., March 06, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Herbie, there has been sighing and crying too, since the other people have gone. I actually heard him whimper last night, when he was waiting upstairs for them to come back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home