Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

He’s an interesting little dog, that’s for sure. He really knows when he is doing something wrong - or at least something we humans consider to be wrong. He’s trying to get my attention so we can go out (which we will as soon as I finish my coffee). He does this by racing around with his toy and stopping every few circuits to bark at me. Then he goes up to lie on the landing. This time, I finally notice him up there and he has got my neck gaiter off the bench and has it in his mouth. He’s not chewing it, just hanging into it. I ask him, “what is THAT?” and walk up the stairs toward him. Instead of taking off as he would if he was chewing his toy, he shrinks down and rolls on his back. I retrieve my neck gaiter and sit down beside him and stroke his face. We both know he’s not in deep doo-doo and I have given him a little attention. As soon as we go out for “the walk”, he is going to get a LOT more attention from me - hopefully, it will be the good kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home