Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Keepaway With Kong

Pooped Pooch

Yesterday, after my wishful thinking of a quiet time and that nice photo of Rocky being so good under the table, he went crazy and did his mad dog dash around the house, growling and barking at me. Sheila calls it “devil dog” but I prefer to relate it to insanity. I finally had to put him in his crate for a breather. He wouldn’t even calm down when I flipped him on his back and rubbed his belly. The first photo doesn’t begin to show the animation of the chase around the house but it’s the best I can do. The second was taken in the evening, after he had collapsed from exhaustion.

3 Comments:

At 6:12 p.m., October 09, 2005, Blogger L^2 said...

Hi Julia,
It sounds like you and Rocky had a wild day. Stella still does the same thing in the house sometimes, if she can get away with it. That's why one of her nicknames is "Crazy Girl". :-)

 
At 7:06 p.m., October 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julia,
Amy here. It sounds like you are doing a great job with Rocky. Keep up the good work and I'm sure he will be a great guide dog soon. I admire you for writing such a detailed blog, I have enjoyed reading it. It sounds like Rocky had quite the day today. Our house gets pretty hectic with one family dog and 2 foster puppies as well.

Buhbye, Amy, Chloe and DogGuide Puppies Winter and Dart

 
At 10:53 a.m., October 10, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Laura, I remember Uma doing the same thing. And when she would run around outside, with more room, we called that body positioning "butt tucking". So funny.

Amy, welcome to my blog. You sound pretty busy with your animals and everything - good for you! I went to Queen's for my (first) degree but I understand Trent is a great little university. I also thought going to Mount Allison in Sackville New Brunswick (http://www.mta.ca/ ) would have been fun too. My great grandmother went to Mount A and was the graduating class of 1879! Can you imagine? I was the class of 1979 at Queen's - 100 years after her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home