Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My two front teeth

So now not only are we still getting up at 1 and 2am, but he has almost got true diarrhea. I’ve seen worse, but this is getting there. I am going to try to keep him quiet today but still take him out for at least three walks. I’ve also got to monitor everything that goes in his mouth, and that I can’t do if he’s outside in the yard, left to his own devices. After he has done his business out there, he wanders around, collecting rocks and sticks to chew on. Then he lies in the grass and eats it and the dirt it grows in. So it’s in the house or on the leash.

A day or two ago, we noticed that one of his front teeth had fallen out. (For those who don’t know, puppies have baby teeth too and they all come out a lot faster than humans’ baby teeth and then he gets his adult teeth.) Last night I noticed he’d lost the other front tooth. Now when you look really closely, he sort of looks like a kid who wants his two front teeth for Christmas. Well, not really like a kid because those front teeth are pretty small even when they are adult teeth, but I can see the gap and it’s pretty cute. I can even see the adult teeth starting to come in. I remember when Uma lost her puppy teeth, they seemed to all come out in the space of a week! I’m sure that is faulty memory but they do come out pretty fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home