Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

What happens after Rocky goes crazy
There is a half-dead earthworm somewhere in the house. We came back from a nice long walk and as is now usual, Rocky went crazy once he got in the house, racing about. I distracted him (I thought) by going into the garage to get a spade and pot for a plant I want to dig up outside. He followed me into the garage and sniffed around the main door for a while. Suddenly he ran back into the house and I knew he had something in his mouth. When I offered him a toy to replace the thing in his mouth, he raced even harder around our tiny place and kicked up the carpet completely in the living room (see photo for evidence). I finally saw that he had an earthworm in his mouth. He would drop it occasionally and flip it back into his mouth, the way dogs do when they are playing with something that once was alive. I guess the poor thing had come into the garage to get out of all the rain we have been having and escaped both drowning and freezing to death, only to be harassed by a small dog. I finally caught Rocky and put him in his crate to let the craziness wear off and that’s when I saw he didn’t have the worm any more. I do have to vacuum today or tomorrow anyway but he might also have swallowed the worm so we may never know its fate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home