Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

So this afternoon I decided to have a nap. We’d both had lunch and Rocky was already hard asleep, lying on the stairs. When I tippy-toed upstairs and stepped over him, he didn’t get up so I thought, why don’t I just lie down and see what happens? I went to our bedroom and lay down on the bed and for a minute, I didn’t hear anything. Just as I was settling down, I heard the jingle of his bell and I realized he had tippy-toed up after me. He put his front paws up on the edge of the bed to look at me so I told him “Rocky, off” and got up and sat on the floor with him and asked him to lie down there. He obliged by lying down so I got back on the bed and pretended I was asleep. After only a minute, he got up and instead of coming over to see me again, he grabbed one of Peter’s socks off the chair and went running down the hallway. I got up again and chased him downstairs and then back up again, where I outwitted a puppy and closed the door behind us and cornered him so I could take the sock away. Then I picked him up and carried him back downstairs and popped him in his crate. By the time I got back upstairs, I wasn’t sleepy but I was tired so I lay down and sure enough, I fell asleep for a little while anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home