Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is what Rockwell looked like last night, after his adventure at puppy class:
zonked dog
He often wakes up when we take pictures but I got this one of an ear defying gravity:
how does that ear stay up?
Then he rolled on his back for a change of position and caught me in mid-snap:
Hey!  Are you taking my picture?
Finally, he woke up and something on tv caught his attention and he deliberately went over and lay down in front of the set to watch what was on. This is a terrible photograph - it was dark so I lightened it and it looks even worse but at least you can see some detail. I see that I didn’t even have the camera straight. But I am posting it because you can actually see him watching television. I don’t know why, but I find this so charming.
watching tv

7 Comments:

At 6:30 p.m., March 16, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

Aww that's so cute! Petey does the same thing, except that when there are cooking shows on, he licks the TV :D

Nat and Petey

 
At 9:27 a.m., March 17, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Nat, that's amazing that he licks the tv! If our tv was a bit lower, Rockwell might do the same but then, it would mean a lot more cleaning for me. I already have to clean the dog spit off the patio door and the hall mirror.

 
At 11:04 a.m., March 17, 2006, Blogger Katherine said...

That 3rd pic is so cute! I just want to rub his tummy.

 
At 6:24 p.m., March 17, 2006, Blogger Maia said...

Hey JuliaR! Yeah, aren't you the daugther of my grandpa's military buddy? I heard about you. Yeah, you have the same taste I have. We the Living is my favorite novel of all time. I saw the movie "Nui Vivi" and its my favorite masterpiece of all films. I tried to read Solzhenitsyn...but his Gulag Archipelago is better written than One day in the life. What is your favorite book?

 
At 10:45 a.m., March 18, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hi Maia! I think your mother and I are about the same age (I was born in 1958) and your grandpa and my dad knew each other when they were like 20 years of age. Imagine that. I think it is so nice they they have got back in touch after all those intervening years.

As for a favourite novel, I have many. I love the simple way Nevil Shute wrote and his “Trustee from the Toolroom” is brilliant. Also, “A Town Like Alice” is partly based on the true story of women PoWs in Indonesia in WWII and is fascinating for that aspect. I have read James Michener’s “The Source” a few times and learned a lot about religion and anthropology from it. For fun non-fiction, try anything by Bill Bryson or Peter Mayle.

Not knowing if you come back to comments on other blogs, I’ll post this one at your blog too.

 
At 5:38 p.m., March 19, 2006, Blogger IndyPindy said...

That is cute! What was he watching?

 
At 10:14 a.m., March 21, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Believe it or not Indy, he was watching a skit from Monty Python!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home