Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I think I have figured out a way to feel secure about Rockwell when I am using the balanced lead. I attached Uma’s old blue leash to his collar as well as the leather leash. I then slip the loop of the blue leash around my wrist so that it will act like an old-fashioned “safety harness” like we used to have on skis. If my hand slips off the leather leash, Rockwell is still attached to me by the blue leash. I think it is so simple and yet remarkably clever. :) I am sure the Guide Dogs would not approve but it’s for me, to feel Rockwell is safe.
leashes configuration
Yesterday when Peter got home, Rockwell saw him coming through the sewing room window and ran downstairs. I ran after him with my camera and got this nice shot of the “welcome home” greeting at the door.
happy ears
On his way up to change out of work clothes, Peter stopped to play “bones” with Rockwell and I managed to get a nice shot of Rockwell, almost doing a back flip off the step. Uma is watching (sort of) from above.
play time

2 Comments:

At 5:37 p.m., March 19, 2006, Blogger IndyPindy said...

Rockwell is quite the acrobat! That is a very impressive backflip!

 
At 10:13 a.m., March 21, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

It would be more impressive Indy, if he actually flipped, but he is really just stretching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home