Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I have been using the double leash configuration for some time now and I really like the way it makes ME feel safe. I don’t think Rockwell even notices, much less cares that I have two leashes on him but I know I feel better. However, I noticed while walking him today that it does make me feel like I am walking a small horse. All the snaps and loops and jingling of tags and the balanced lead configuration - he reminds me of a little (predatory) horse.

Yesterday, he was trying to catch some rays on the stairs and I got these two awkward looking poses within 20 minutes of each other. I thought it looked like he was going to cut off the circulation to his head on the second one. And how does that ear stay up there?
ear flap defies gravity
cutting off circulation?

2 Comments:

At 5:28 p.m., March 22, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

Those pictures are hilarious, Julia. I don't know how his ear stays up either! :S Must be a special talent of Rockwell's! ;)

 
At 11:47 a.m., March 23, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Nat, he is indeed a clever boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home