Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Boy oh boys, I’ve got nothing to blog about. No news is always good news I suppose. We’ve been walking around the “big block” - the route that takes about 45 minutes - every morning, and it really wears him out. He actually sleeps when we get home. The ice has gone and today, I saw that “they” had been by with sweepers, cleaning the sidewalks of all the accumulated sand from the winter. It was very pleasant to walk on a clean sidewalk. Small things amuse me.

After he got home from work, and while I was out teaching, Peter took the patio furniture out of the garage and cleaned it off and put it on the patio! Then he sat outside with Rockwell and enjoyed the afternoon sun. Rockwell is jumping at every bug on the grass so he’s kind of twitchy but he’ll get used to that instead of the frozen expanse he has been dealing with all Winter. We lurves Spring.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 p.m., March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, whats up. My name is Justin Oberman.

So I work with American Online at pets.aol.com and we have come across your blog via recommendations from various sources and searches and want to let you know about a fun little little thing we are doing over at AOL Pets. We love your writing!

As you may or may not know the editors of pets.aol.com have started a blog called The Awwwww Factor (http://journals.aol.com/aolpets/TheAwwwwwFactor/) in which they have been posting pictures of cute pets that people have sent in...

We want to take this to the next level and create what we will be calling a weekly "Blog Zoo" in which we will be collecting the best pet blog posts of the week and writing about them and linking to them.

We will be collecting these posts once a week via submissions from bloggers like you and we where wondering if you wanted to be part of the initial beginning phases of this project?

All that it would require is you sending a submission of what you think is your best writing of the week (regarding pets or animal care) to a designated address or place (not yet determined) and then, on the day of the blog zoo, telling your readers to visit the Blog Zoo at AOL to read the best writing on pet blogs for that week.

If your blog is one of them, which I am sure it will be, a link to your blog will also be made available on AOL.

Let me know, at your convenience, what you think and if you think you would like to join the project.

We feel that this would be a great thing for both you and AOL.

There are just so many good pet blogs out there and yours is one of them and so we thought it would be a good idea to use AOL to make sure that everyone knew about them.

Please feel free to contact me via any of the means bellow

All the best and BLOG ON!!!

Justin Oberman
AOL.COM
Viral Communications Consultant
letsdebate@aol.com
AOL AIM: Letsdebate

 
At 9:07 a.m., March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. I think you got SPAMMED .. sort of... well, what is stinky is I was going to ask you to write an article for my site about your experiences with Rockwell and puppy raising... and now it looks like *I'm* spamming you too!

 
At 9:20 a.m., March 31, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hi Energy Paws! Yes it does look like an AOL spam. I have been checking all the other dog blogs but none of them seem to have got it (yet). I am thinking I will wait a bit to see if "Justin" appears elsewhere and then I will contact him at his AOL email and see what he says. However, I have that wiggly word thing on my comments so at least he has to be persistent and make specific comments, even if they are cut and pasted.

I am not feeling spammed by you so feel free to ask me about an article. I would want to know what slant and how many words. It would be a good exercise for me, as I am claiming to be a writer anyway. :) And if it turned out well, I might use it somewhere else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home