Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Friday, January 13, 2006

We had a successful (and by that I mean “uneventful”) trip to the Loblaws today. It is so mild out there that I wore my Spring coat and no hat and except for the wet pavement, it was great. Rockwell still pulls mightily at the leash while we are in the store, trying to smell everything so I make the in-store time as short as I can. I get my eight items or less and get out. With all the melting snow, Rockwell got filthy dirty and so I took a couple of photos of the damage when we got home. I had actually towelled him off before I took the photos. After the fur dries completely, I can brush him and the loose dirt will fall off and he should be clean then. But for now... yuck.
After a walk in January
Dirty dog in close up

5 Comments:

At 3:46 p.m., January 13, 2006, Blogger M-Fax said...

yes a common problem with BOsco, getting all wet and dirty. At least with Rockwell you can tell. With Bosco's browny mud colour you cant even tell he is dirty until he brushes up on your pants leg or gets in the chair.

 
At 8:49 a.m., January 14, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

MFax, I hadn't thought of not even being able to see the dirt! What a mess! But we love them anyway.

 
At 12:30 p.m., January 14, 2006, Blogger Amstaffie said...

I'm sure Rockwell had fun getting dirty! Storm always does, she just doesn't like the bathing part too much!

 
At 3:06 p.m., January 14, 2006, Blogger HanktheDog said...

Ah, Julia, being "filthy dirty" can be so satisfying for a Lab, but I must say I very much enjoy being towelled off. Sometimes I'll go outside in the rain just to make sure I get another rubdown.

By the way, loved the story about the hot air balloon. Many's the time when I've sat pondering a passing airplane. I think there's something about flight and air and some Labradors. When you're a Lab, everything becomes a bird you might just have to flush or fetch one day.

 
At 12:40 p.m., January 15, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hey Hank! I’m glad you liked the balloon story, I liked it too.

There’s no chance for Rockwell to get dirty today. The weather went from a high of 8C on Friday to a low of -21C this morning (with a windchill of ‘feels like’ -30C). No water to splash - it all froze!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home