Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I took a couple photos of Rockwell yesterday that don’t seem to fit a story but one of them got 21 hits just yesterday, so some people out there liked it! Therefore, for your viewing pleasure I present a montage.

Rockwell the goofy! Peter says he looks like something from the Planet of the Apes. In fact, he was barking at me from the stairs because he wanted to play.
Ruff!  Why aren't you playing with me?
Rockwell in the sun (after the walk). This is the one that has received 25 views so far.
Look at those feet
This is the now familiar “I’m thinking” look.
Thinking something over, but we're not sure what.

Surfing around the internet, I came across these suggestions for the wording on the sign on a working guide dog harness. I quite like these in particular:

"Please do not distract me. I bite"

"Please do not distract me. I am trained to kill."'

8 Comments:

At 10:34 a.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger M-Fax said...

I can see why that one got 25 hits, it is such a great shot and looks highly professional. The lighting is perfect and everything.

labs are such camera stars!

 
At 1:34 p.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

I'm not surprised that particular shot of Rocky got so many views - it's brilliant!

Good to know you did not hurt yourself when you slipped, and that Rocky is safe and sound. I can feel the relief you got when he was controlled again.

Love the wordings for the working guide dog harness. :D

Take care!
Cream

 
At 2:23 p.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

haha, i love those suggestions, especially the second one-it could get a bit twisted though, as many people mistake "guide dog" as "guard dog" lol :D

those are great pictures of Rocky, i especially like the "i'm thinking" pose ;)

Nat

 
At 5:29 p.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

MFax, yes Labs really are stars in more ways than one!

Cream, thanks for the compliment. I actually took that one myself. Sometimes Peter takes the better ones.

Nat, I have had people mistake “guide dog” for “guard dog” too!

 
At 9:29 p.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger 8675309 said...

How about this one:

"Please do not distract me. I have a full bladder, an itchy trigger-leg and excellent accuracy."

 
At 10:07 p.m., January 07, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Excellent suggestion Jenny. Put "full bladder" in large letters too.

 
At 9:56 p.m., January 08, 2006, Blogger Sam I Am said...

Rockwell
You have got to be one of the best dogs,you like to have your picture taken,You should be on the front cover of Pet Mag...

 
At 11:49 a.m., January 09, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Sam I Am, thanks for the compliment. I don't know if Rockwell is any happier aabout having his picture taken than anyone else but I try to have the camera ready all the time and for every 12 (30?) that I take, only one sees the light of day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home