Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Later on the 21st:

Rocky doesn’t bark much except when he is in mad dog mode and then does he bark. When he is getting there but just wants to play so far, he jumps on me when I am sitting (usually at the computer) and if he has a toy in his mouth, he growls and makes other noises. He was doing this just now and I told him he sounded exactly like a tauntaun tauntaun from Episode V of Star Wars (the Empire Strikes Back).

Of course, I couldn’t remember the name of that creature so I had to Google it and I was surprised how long it took me to get the right name. As far as I know, the tauntaun only shows up in the beginning of this one episode. It looks like a little dinosaur and Han Solo rides one out to find Luke (who has also ridden one) and the poor thing expires from the cold (Luke’s tauntaun got eaten by the abominable snow man). Hard life for those poor creatures.

5 Comments:

At 1:55 a.m., November 22, 2005, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Thats really cute!

Mark makes all kind of weird sounds and Cream only makes whimpering sounds when they're dreaming. We often wake her up to soothe her and tell her it's ok - then she falls asleep again in 10 seconds flat. :D

Take care!

 
At 7:46 a.m., November 22, 2005, Blogger IndyPindy said...

Hee hee, that's funny. Mom and dad call me Chewbacca when I get talkative, they say I sound like him. Mommy said that George Lucas actually based Chewbacca on his Alaskan Malamute, which is very similar to the Siberian Husky, and makes the same kind of unique "talking" sounds. Mom will see if she can get a video of me talking to put on my blog.

 
At 9:18 a.m., November 22, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Indy, I have seen and heard huskies talking and it really does sound like talking! I didn't think they sounded like Chewie though!

FurKids, Rocky also does the yip-grr thing while sleeping. Do you know there are some people who think dogs DON'T dream? How silly. They obviously never watched one sleep!

 
At 4:14 p.m., November 22, 2005, Blogger Sam I Am said...

I talk all the time my mum.it was so nice to see that you had stopped by thanx you

 
At 4:55 p.m., November 22, 2005, Blogger JuliaR said...

Hey Sam! I like to lurk for a while before making comments on blogs but your last TWO posts have made me delurk. I loved "the life of a dog" and the comeuppance in "McDonald's was priceless. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home