Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, September 12, 2005


September 12, morning.

Rocky’s having a little time out while I write. Not because I’m writing but because he went upstairs instead of asking to go out and pooped in the bedroom. All I can say is - thank goodness his poop has firmed up! Last night for the first time, his poop wasn’t mushy. Earlier this morning, around 6 when I let him out he had a nice firm poo as well. And when I let him out again at 9, he peed and came right back in. I wonder if the pooping in the house has to do with the fact that he doesn’t have the uncomfortable feeling of a runny poo? Before, he was definitely asking to go out and then he looked uncomfortable and ran around looking for a corner to poop in. Anyway, I shall just have to be more vigilant.

Earlier, he discovered that he could climb the stairs and sit on the landing and watch me at the computer. Now I have blocked off the rest of the stairs so we won’t have any more pooping in the bedrooms. We’re going to sit out on the patio and I will have coffee and read and the Rockmeister will chew on bark even though his chew bone will be right there beside him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home