Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have not received an update for Rockwell but a few people still stop by this old blog, to see what might be happening. I thought I'd reward them with a photo of Rockwell that we took on his first day with us. He's still thinking about us and this place, from the looks of it.
his first day here
But in fact, he settled in well enough and was very accepting of us and our routines, especially given that he had already lived with one family for a few weeks and then was uprooted to come live with us. And given his "issues" with regularizing his poop schedule. Poor little guy.
it's a big world
It's a big world out there, Rockwell. And we're waiting to hear how you're doing.

10 Comments:

At 2:30 p.m., December 31, 2006, Blogger Poster said...

Rockwell looks like our dog, Teddy the Labradoodle!!
(http://teddythelabradoodle.blogspot.com)

I love yellow labs.

 
At 2:42 p.m., December 31, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

Awww it sucks that you haven't gotten an update yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed that one comes soon!!! :)

Nat, Petey and Fielder

 
At 6:54 p.m., January 01, 2007, Blogger Erin said...

Awwww....Hope you find out something SooN!

 
At 7:17 p.m., January 02, 2007, Blogger 8675309 said...

I'm so glad you posted, Julia! Been wondering where you've been....

:)

Got my paws crossed for Mr. Rockwell, for sure. I hope you hear from him soon!

 
At 10:41 a.m., January 03, 2007, Blogger ML said...

Sweet Rockwell...he does look a bit bewildered in the frist pictures. Thanks for putting some picts up of him.

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:58 p.m., January 03, 2007, Blogger JuliaR said...

"Pepe", I've now been to your blog and seen Teddy and you are right - there is a resemblance. However, what you might not know is that Rockwell is also a "blend" - half Labrador and half Golden Retriever!

Nat, glad to see you are still out there, raising puppies!

Erin, I see you are working on your second puppy - good for you!

Jenny, thanks for checking in. I have NO excuses for not writing and meanwhile, I read your other blog and all I have to say is "wow".

ML, I am now reminiscing about how sweet Rockwell was and worrying about his future. It's good that I am starting to forget all those struggles we had while "walking".

 
At 11:27 a.m., January 05, 2007, Blogger Sandy said...

I have been checking in on occasion, thanks for the photos. Hopefully you'll hear something this month!

 
At 9:51 a.m., January 07, 2007, Blogger JuliaR said...

Thanks Sandy! I knew as soon as I made this post, I'd get the update and I did. See the next posting!

 
At 3:47 p.m., July 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louisette from Belgium.
Cute fotos, and nice blogs
Louisette passion golden , cats fotos countries in links blog, likasi katanga fotos chilhood memories

 
At 7:27 p.m., February 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about rockwell. can you send me a picture so I can use in a funny story on our funny dog site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home