Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Having a leisurely week here. Still putting vinegar in his ear. It looks nice and clean but smells a little yeasty by the end of the day so I'll keep at it until that goes away.

Rockwell has always done this - pressed his nose against objects. I have tried to capture it on camera but it doesn't always convey how interesting it looks in reality.
'Nose plant'?
This first shot shows how his muzzle is squashed on the carpet. His eyes are open too which negates naysayers who think he might merely have fallen asleep in that position.
I don't know why he does this
In the next two photos, he deliberately closed his eyes just as the flash went off and the shutter opened, so it looks like he might be asleep, but he is not! In fact, he picked his nose up and then put it back in a slightly different position for the second photo.
Maybe it's the feel of the carpet?
I have speculated that he likes the feel of the carpet but he also presses his muzzle against the glass top on the coffee table so I really don't know why. Maybe it's just me but I find this so fun and fascinating. Maybe I need to get out a little more.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 p.m., June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:05 p.m., June 16, 2006, Blogger Natalie said...

You and me both Julia- if it's really not that interesting, we both need to get out more!

That is the cutest thing ever!

Nat and Peteyy

 
At 10:53 a.m., June 17, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Gwiz, I never thought about having an older dog keep puppies' ears clean. But I'm not getting one just for that!

Yes Nat, I worry that I do need to get out more! Not really. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home