Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

When we woke up this morning, the rain was thumping on the roof but I thought we should go for a walk in the park anyway. By the time we actually made it out the door, the rain had almost stopped and for most of our walk around the park, we had no rain at all! Timing is everything.
In the park
Here, we have just entered the park and made a left, heading West around the path. The wind blew down some tree blossoms on the path.
Across the ball diamond
Peter took a short cut across the grass and looked back to catch us walking on the path near the subdivision. He's looking across a baseball diamond and seagulls are standing around on it. The park has at least two diamonds and at least three soccer pitches (I don't know why I can't count them and remember how many there are).
On the bridge
There's a large ornamental pond in the park and it is designed so that it looks like a stream feeds into it. This is a footbridge that crosses the marshy area leading into the pond.
Geese and goslingsMallard family
The pond supports a surprising number of birds. At least one nesting pair of Canada geese have goslings and I think I have seen two families of Mallards.
Big puddle
Here's that big puddle I was blogging about yesterday.
And now the sun has started to come out!

4 Comments:

At 10:59 a.m., May 21, 2006, Blogger HanktheDog said...

The puddle looks like joyous fun

 
At 11:06 a.m., May 21, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

You know it Hank! This morning, he still didn't make the connexion between my foot splashing and the water moving. But he will. Good morning to Florida!

 
At 6:22 p.m., May 21, 2006, Blogger Hobbes Dogs said...

What a beautiful park! I have the opposite timing of you ... the moment I walked out the door today it started raining, and the moment I got to work it stopped.

Sam

 
At 9:39 a.m., May 23, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Calvin, I agree - timing is everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home