Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Most dogs find the spiciness of hot sauce a deterrent. Not Rockwell. This morning, I noticed that he had discovered a loose thread on the carpet under the dining table and he was pulling it out and chewing on it. First I just cut the thread off. But he kept worrying at it, so to discourage him, I liberally sprinkled the spot with Tabasco. As soon as I was out of the way, he sniffed at it and then licked at it. He pulled back a little after the first lick and sat there, licking his whiskers for a moment. Then he went right back to the spot and licked it until the hot sauce was gone!
licking the spot on the carpet
I can only think he must have Southern genes because, after 24 years of marriage, I am only on my second bottle of Tabasco.

As a follow-up, I sprayed the spot with OdorGon and he has avoided it ever since.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 a.m., January 02, 2006, Blogger IndyPindy said...

Wow, Rockwell, be careful - even though for some reason you actually like the taste of that stuff (I call it "Evil in a Bottle"), it may...do things to your tummy.

Rockwell's mom - if ne acts like he needs to go out, for goondess sake, let him out!

 
At 1:41 p.m., January 02, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Don't worry Indy! If Rockwell suddenly looks anxious, I will let him out! But we went for a long walk earlier and he showed no signs of anything. Let's hope he doesn't have your delicate tummy.

 
At 1:47 p.m., January 02, 2006, Blogger Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Happy belated X'mas and New Year!

Lol, bro Mark has a tummy made of steel too. He'll eat anything bland, sour, salty or chilli hot as long as it fits in his mouth :(

Wishing you, your family and friends a safe, healthy and happy 2006.

Later!
Cream

 
At 9:04 a.m., January 03, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Happy new year to you too Cream! 2006 is a Year of the Dog. I was born in a year of the Dog - maybe that explains a lot. :)

And Rockwell hasn't shown any adverse effects frm the hot sauce. However, since his bowels move so slowly, I might get a surprise later this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home