Puppy walking

An adventure in looking after a puppy until it is old enough to be properly trained as a guide dog for the blind.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I was despairing of something to blog about when a photo-op happened. I was on the phone with Peter and Rockwell was snoozing on the landing. I hadn’t noticed his position because, until I answered the phone, I was looking at the computer screen. I got one snapshot of the ear all bent up before he moved.
look at that ear
After he moved out of the first position, he moved into one that looked even more uncomfortable. I don’t think you couldn’t make him lie this way.
snoozing
Then he decided to chew on his paws a little.
more paw chewing
In the last shot, he has most of one toe in his mouth. He stayed on the stairs because Peter did most of the talking - if I’d been talking, he would have come down to jump on me. It seems he has also learned to shut his eyes in the moment the flash goes off.
paw chewing

8 Comments:

At 1:32 p.m., January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rockwell must be the most photographed dog in the world!

 
At 1:43 p.m., January 31, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

And you are only seeing one in ten of all the photos I take!

 
At 2:37 p.m., January 31, 2006, Blogger 8675309 said...

Isn't it amazing the positions they can sleep in? There's plenty of space under my desk at work, but somehow, Lomax always seems to be cruched up in some strange configuration against/on/behind/under a foot or the base of my chair...I swear I'm going to roll right over a stray ear someday. Yeeeesh.

 
At 10:03 p.m., January 31, 2006, Blogger Kimberly and Rufus said...

Looks quite uncomfortable to me, but then, I've seen Rufus get into some strange positions too. He likes to hold his paw in his mouth as well. Strange, the things they do to themselves.

 
At 8:07 a.m., February 01, 2006, Blogger M-Fax said...

get ready for many photos over here, we are having a blizzard in halifax and the snow is deeper than Bosco's long legs. Should be fun later haha

 
At 8:45 a.m., February 01, 2006, Blogger Sam I Am said...

How amazing is that He looks so cozy there on his stairs.:)

 
At 2:18 p.m., February 01, 2006, Blogger Katherine said...

Oh, it's so hard being a star...

 
At 6:59 p.m., February 02, 2006, Blogger JuliaR said...

Jenny, I know what you mean. I have stepped on his paws and tail inadvertently but I dread the ear roll-over!

K&R, I agree - strange indeed.

MFax, I’ll be over to look at those photos!

Sam I Am, he really does like the stairs - I think it gives him a superior vantage point.

Katherine, a star he is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home